Congratulations and welcome. If you're a keyholder, you've probably been coming around for a while. We appreciate you. This guide exists to show expectations and offer inspiration on how you can bring your unique skills to help the space.
Things to do
- Read the Bylaws (SOMEBODY ADD THE LINK)
- Read the Shutdown Procedure
- Improve the wiki
- I don't know if any of our documents are publicly available
Your Role as a Member
Engage with other people in the space. Show interest. This is our space, so if you see something that needs to be done, do it. If you're not sure, ask. If they're not sure, ask who knows. It takes persistence and dedication to build what we have, and not every hand has touched every part of the space.
Your Role as a Keyholder
As a keyholder, you're allowed to use the space at any time. You're encouraged to! Just try to keep up and make the space better than when you came in You're also encouraged to engage the new members. If you're not sure if someone is new, talk to them and see what they're looking to get out of the space. The space would not exist without its members, and the difference between a lifetime member and a one time drop-in is the experience that they have. Try to make it a good one.
Teach a thing / Run an event
If you're leaving the space. Shutdown Procedure
Hosting an Event
We have an [Events Page] just for this
Resources Available to you
- VMLab - Flay will create virtual machines for you, for any reason.
- 3D printers
- Gaming / CAD computer
- HTC Vive (Geeze)
- Power Tools (anybody)
- Github developers group (Flay)
- DJ Booth
- Forge (Buddy?)
- Cisco Lab (Corey / Wasabi?)
- Steamcache Gaming Server (Hyper)
- Fileserver (Buddy)
- Sewing / Crafts (Whitney)
- UAS Members Network (Corey)
- Printer (I have no idea how to print or who does.)
- Electronics Bench (Bowie)
- Data Forensics Kit (?)
- The library (Hyper, explain book checkout system)
- Plex (Understudy / Hyper)
- Steamlink (Flay)
- Gaming machine
Jump on Meistertask and check the Project Backlog. Ask flay for an invitation.
This is a list of things that you should have done or should have been done for you
- Get access to the UAS Webpage to write blog postings - Ask in Keyholders channel on slack, Mailing list, or ask flay
- Be given access to the template for blog postings and other events
- Be shown how to write a blog posting - Ask flay / usako / corey
- Get a key
- You should've been asked if you want one.
- Get access to youtube channel to make video updates.